Text page

About us

About us forum

As you may have noticed ... the site has changed!

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/9/2020 at 09:01 admin

The title says it all really. As is obvious we’ve launched a redesign—and I’m now busy fixing all the broken bits. Including, as I just found out, posting on the forum!

So, what you see is a first step, the one big change is our new “long reads” section, which carries the features we funded through our crowdfunding. You can see the lead story here.

Secondly, have added a two-day free membership, essentially a taster, a week-long one and a lifetime one. You can see the options here.

Thirdly, the old search is gone, replaced by the filter box up top left. 

The other main change is the navigation, which is now in the various drop-downs up top.

A few old sections are still offline. Notably the following:

1) Payment by PayPal
2) Editing forum posts
3) Any profile management—if you need to urgently change something, please email me

I should get all these sorted out this week.

There is more stuff coming, notably:

1) Am re-opening comments on destinations, activities and places to stay. These will be member only.
2) There is a bunch of new introductory material on the way—top level stuff that I hope will be useful if/when travel restarts.
3) A way to favourite stuff so you can build your own guide.
4) and other bits and pieces.

I know there are a lot of broken pages at the moment and I’m doing my best to fix as quickly as possible—but I’m also homeschooling two kids, so this is taking a while!

Please if you find something broken, post it here or email me at stuartmcdonald@travelfish.org and that would be really helpful.

Ok that’s if for now.

Cheers & thanks for your support

Stuart

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,058

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/9/2020 at 09:05 admin

Oh, I forgot, will also be adding in some news feed stuff, but that is a little ways away. 

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,058

Posted by mattocmd on 28/9/2020 at 13:12

Excellent new layout! 

I love the feature stories and suggested itineraries (with maps!).

Looking forward to travel in 2021 and getting the discussion on here rolling again once we can all travel!

Cheers!  

#3 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 367

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.