Hi guys chasing some advice for honeymoon adventure for january 13 to 23 we are arriving into ho chi minh city and have a return flight from there, thinking of checking out cambodia for a brief visit and then back to ho chi minh, would love to get to loas if it was feasible, slow boats are also something would be keen on has any one got any ideas to help us out thanks Nolan
#1 Nolan has been a member since 19/12/2008. Posts: 1
With ten days, I'd suggest saving Laos for another trip as otherwise you'll be spending half the honeymoon in transit.
If you want to factor in some boat trips, you could do something like:
1) arrive HCM
4) bus to Can Tho in the Mekong Delta
5) do early morning boat trip to the floating markets around there. then midday bus to Chau Doc - overnight there.
6) Take the boat upriver to Phnom Penh, overnight.
7) Phnom Penh
8) Morning bus to Siem Reap, visit Angkor late afternoon
9) Angkor , then bus back to Phnom Penh.
10) Bus back to HCM (assuming you've a late flight out).
Hope that helps
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest
for our honeymoon we flew from HCM to Phu Quoc - sat on the beach drinking cocktails, eating amazing food, and sleeping in a bungalow on the beach... fantastic stuff