Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Interview with Travelfish on Madness and Beauty

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/10/2009 at 10:45 admin

The very popular Asia-travel blog, Madness & Beauty has just published an interview they did with me last week. It covers some of the background of Travelfish along with a few thoughts on travel in general to the region. You can read the full interview here -- and if you're a keen travel blog reader, Madness & Beauty should be on your shortlist.

Cheers!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by furneburner on 4/10/2009 at 15:19

nice interview, at least i know now what you look like when i drop by in sanur to stalk u...

#2 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/10/2009 at 08:12 admin

Thanks - when u in Bali again?

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by furneburner on 5/10/2009 at 16:51

I shouldn't tell, that way you can't run and hide!

Nah, don't worry i'm too young for you... ;)

im there on 23rd Jan...was gonna be 22nd but Air Asia change my flights so i miss my connection...

#4 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/10/2009 at 07:04 admin

Ok cheers - the plastic surgery should be just about done by then.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707

Posted by somsai on 19/10/2009 at 18:19

I hope this comes up on your recent comments lists.

I have a technical question. How was the interveiw conducted? Did she email questions and you replied? The tone of the questions and answers suggests the spoken word. There are people I'd like to interveiw.

#6 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/10/2009 at 18:34 admin

Interview was by email -- which suits me perfectly as I'm a serial grunter, ummmer and ahher and tend also to let my mouth outrun my brain (generally not a overly challenging task).

You want to interview people online or face to face? Mrs Travelfish is a journo, & can give more advice if you give some more info on what you're after.

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707

Posted by somsai on 19/10/2009 at 19:57

Online. I refuse to travel anymore without the whole clan at least being in country, and most folks I'd like to interveiw are on the other side of the world.

I'm not trying to get revealing details emerging from off the cuff remarks but rather a more full profile told through an informal setting. I had assumed that at least Violet culled all the "uhm-ing and ah-ing", but what comes through is your own voice. Some might be better at email than others.

There are people doing interesting things that I would like to know more about and I think that one gets a better feel for what they are doing when they speak for themselves.

When I do travel I'd also like to interview but that creates problems in and of it's own, a way to get it all down, a recording device I guess, and then also translation or a cleaning up of grammar at least.

First things first. I'll go for the email.

A big shout out for Mrs. Fish, most journalists have left my country a long time ago, or morphed into something else. Heard about balloon boy over there?

#8 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/10/2009 at 14:05 admin

Yeah start with email and take it from there I'd say.

How can anyone not have heard of Balloon boy -- realy left me scratching my head that one!

#9 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.