Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

scuba junkie info please

Posted by sharpie on 19/8/2010 at 16:02

Hi,
My boyfriend and i are going to Borneo in October and just discovered how amazing the diving is there. We are both novice divers and are considering doing our open water.
Does anyone know much about scuba junkie? We were thinking about staying at their Mabul beach resort and doing the course?
Anyone done this it seems pretty pricey for our backpackers budget, but a once in a life time experience.
Also would love to get to Sipidian but that is REALLY expensive. Is it really that fantastic compared to the sorrounding islands.

Sorry for the load of questions hope someone can help.

Thanks

#1 sharpie has been a member since 28/2/2010. Posts: 36

Posted by ayesha on 20/8/2010 at 10:20 TF writer

My friend, who's an instructor, dived with them a while ago and didnt have any complints.

It is expensive and the pass for Sipadan itself is too but it is an amazing once in the lifetime thing - as you have said - so if you can afford it then why not? The diving is lovely.

#2 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74
 Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+ 

Posted by SBE on 20/8/2010 at 15:20

A cheaper but equally good option might be around Derawan in Kalimantan. I haven't been there but here's some info.

http://www.starfish.ch/dive/Kalimantan.html

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.