Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

getting a dive ticket

Posted by Manticore on 30/11/2006 at 08:45

Ill be going top to tail next january and want to know if it is worthwhile getting a dive ticket while there. Is it expensive? Wheres a good place to obtain one?

#1 Manticore has been a member since 9/11/2006. Posts: 67
 Send Manticore a private message 

Posted by Kristi on 30/11/2006 at 19:15

Hey Manticore,
When in January will you be in Hanoi?
I'm also from Oz and will be finishing up my SE Asia trip in Hanoi from about 20th to 29th Jan. I'm also planning on heading up to Sapa, will be on my own so not sure whether to get a guide or just do something random!

I haven't been diving in Vietnam (but have been diving for 5years now) but it's meant to be brilliant. Nha Trang etc. Probably good to do your course there?!

#2 Kristi has been a member since 4/9/2006. Posts: 20
 Send Kristi a private message 

Posted by Manticore on 1/12/2006 at 12:11

hi Kristi,

I will arrive in Hanoi 30th Dec and will probably spend up to 2 weeks in the north before making my way south. I plan to visit Sapa as well as Halong.
I will definitely go thru Nha Trang and check out its dive facilities then. I hope its within my budget!
Ive had guides before but I still enjoy the adventure that comes from traipsing around with no guide ;)
hey maybe we will bump into each other somewhere in the middle of Jan!

#3 Manticore has been a member since 9/11/2006. Posts: 67
 Send Manticore a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.