Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

Need to hire diver Mekong

Posted by SteveThaoCA on 30/1/2012 at 11:26

Hi, I'd like to get some video of the Mekong and would like to hire someone to go down the the muddy depths to see what lurks there. Either from Thailand or Laos side is okay. Please email me since I don't come here much. cameraguyfresno@yahoo.com

#1 SteveThaoCA has been a member since 30/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by boaby on 6/4/2013 at 02:26

Hi,

I remember seeing a documentary(possibly nat Geo) about father and son diving team in laos ,looking for a sunken ship,they were struggling against
very poor visibility and strong currents, not for the inexperienced
because of the high silt content most scuba equipment would not be the safest you would need commercial diving equipment , which is more expensive to hire with the cost of additional crew .

Maybe Nong khai where the river is no so deep and currents more forgiving in short you would be wasting your time and money as there are no dive shops/operators away from the coast , so transportation of gear would need to be considered but good luck in your quest you may also want to look at a series called amazon abyss where an expedition went to the amazon and dived over 100m
boaby

#2 boaby has been a member since 26/1/2011. Posts: 40

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.