Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

Koh Tao in march

Posted by kreekerau on 13/9/2009 at 15:07

I'll be heading to Koh Tao in early March 2010. Was just wondering what the island's like around that time? Also would anyone know what the scuba diving and general swimming is like as I've heard of the plankton around march.

CHeers!!

#1 kreekerau has been a member since 13/9/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/9/2009 at 15:55 admin

March is very good weather -- very busy on Ko Tao that time of year. I've moved this over to the diving forum as you may get more bites there...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by kreekerau on 13/9/2009 at 16:17

Ta, thanks for the tip!

#3 kreekerau has been a member since 13/9/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 14/9/2009 at 02:11

No worries, the weather should be good and so should the swimming and diving. If there is plankton that means you might see a whale shark! :-)

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by ayesha on 15/9/2009 at 16:23 TF writer

March April May is a very good time to see whalesharks and when we see the most. We live and work here as scuba instructors and March is really the beginning of the best conditions here for the year. Yes we do get plankton but this is what brings in the whalesharks. If memeory serves me correctly this is also when we had a pair of whales cruising between the dive site too. Quite spectacular !

#5 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74
 Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+ 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.