Text page

Brunei

Brunei forum

First time Thailand

Posted by Vivamar on 7/4/2016 at 13:05

My friend and I are traveling to Thailand for 11days beg on 10/25. Have 8 nights in Bangkok and 3 in Phuket . We have flexibility with time in Bangkok and already have an intra country flight from Bangkok to Phuket already paid for the last three nights. I imagine 8 nights in Bangkok too much...we love biking, hiking, beach, food and adventure. We thought Chiang Mai, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia....or???? We need to be back at Bangkok airport on 10/31 to fly to Phuket. Thank you!

#1 Vivamar has been a member since 7/4/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by exacto on 7/4/2016 at 14:01

Bangkok is easily worth at least three nights to get settled in and have a look around. But rather than stray too far from Bangkok for the other nights, why not look at something a bit closer and easier to reach. That way you will spend less time and money getting from place to place, but still see something great.

For example, for biking, hiking, food, and adventure, have a look at Kanchanaburi or Ayutthaya. You'll find good information right here on Travelfish about each destination. If you are looking for something a bit more adventurous in that area, then have a look at Sangkhlaburi.

If you need additional beach time besides your time in to Phuket, have a look at Samet Island (Ko Samet). The weather is usually pretty good there, even during that time of year, but it is best to go mid week rather than on a weekend.

By the way, I'd pick one combination of either Kanchanburi/Sangkhlaburi or Kanchanaburi/Ayutthaya or Samet only. Otherwise, you'll be trying to stuff too much into the time you have.

If your Bangkok-Phuket flight isn't already set in stone, you could also consider working your way down the peninsula and stopping off in a few Thai seaside towns along the way. Prachuap, Chumphon, and Ranong would all make for good stopovers. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,814

Posted by amnicoll on 24/5/2016 at 06:16

Far better to post this on the Thailand forum by the way

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.