3 questions if I may about Kawthoung / Victoria Point as thinking about a weeks stay rather than a simple visa run
1. How long is the visa on entry valid?
2. Assuming it is valid for more than one day are there any cheap guest houses/hotels that anyone would recommend?
3. Are there places outside of Kawthoung / Victoria Point that are accessible/interesting and and OK to visit with visa obtained on entry (either for day trips or overnight)
1. The $10 Myanmar VOA is valid for 14 days, including the day of arrival and the day of departure.
2. Not really. The Honey Bear Hotel in Kaw Thaung doesn't look particularly attractive from the outside and I've heard it's quite expensive. I think there's a second place that foreigners can stay there but I've never heard anyone recommending either place.
3. You can only travel a very limited way into the country overland....maybe 35Km or so (don't know exactly). You MIGHT be able to get further into Myanmar if you fly though. Probably only by using Myanmar Airways, a govt owned airline with a poor maintenance and safety record.