Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum


Posted by gracetandil on 3/10/2012 at 05:17

We are taking a tour package in Myanmar, 8 days, 7 nights, with Myanmar Delight agency. Do you know this agency? Is it common that agencies charge for the use of a camera? What are zone fees? That is strange, at least to me... Can you help me?

#1 gracetandil has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 56

Posted by steviej on 3/10/2012 at 06:10


Camera fees are common in and around Burma when you visit particular sites and I think the Zone Fee is the fee you pay for visiting such sites.

A couple of examples are the $5 entry fee for Shwedagon Paya and a fee of K500 for taking a camera to Mandalay Hill.

#2 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 266
 Send steviej a private message   Where has steviej been?   Website 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Kalli on 9/10/2012 at 17:07

Hi, camera fees are common all over the world. Little bit strange that the travel agency charges. Usually you have to pay it with the entrance. If the entrances are included in your trip it make sense to charge for the camera as well.
If you go by car,you need to have special permitts for some roads. This is a zone fee. Before the travel agency can start, they have to ask for the permitts and pay them in advance.
Have a nice time.

#3 Kalli has been a member since 9/10/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.