Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Visa On Arrival

Posted by dbaroncelli on 18/10/2012 at 01:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

So, anyone can clarify if the tourist (not business) Visa On Arrival is currently available at the Yangoon International Airport for the famous 26 countries? (runei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America.)

In that case, do you need to apply online before?

Many thanks for any clarification!!

Daniele

#1 dbaroncelli has been a member since 18/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by lissie45 on 20/10/2012 at 05:01

No visa on arrival for tourists - get it before you arrive e.g. Bangkok

#2 lissie45 has been a member since 7/4/2011. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 18
 Website 

Posted by nipitiri on 26/10/2012 at 01:32

You could check with a local travel agent. I was told that the embassy information tends to be misleading and that people have got visa-on-arrival for tourists in Yangon airport without problems. Also from other countries, not listed above. The travel agent will have to do some paperwork because without a confirmation in hand you will not be able to board a plain to Yangon.

#3 nipitiri has been a member since 30/10/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by enigmatic on 29/10/2012 at 08:48

Why waste time and money with a travel agent for a VOA that might not work when you can get a visa from the Bangkok embassy with ease?

#4 enigmatic has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 84

Posted by lazynay on 13/11/2012 at 00:20

I have seen a few people recommend getting the visa from the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok - approx how long does it take to get the visa? Can I go in and get it same day or do I have to wait a few days?

And if it's doable same day, how long did you wait at the embassy?

Thanks!!!

#5 lazynay has been a member since 13/11/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by steviej on 14/11/2012 at 12:32

Same day Visa around 1350B. Get there well before they open at 09:00hrs.

48hr turn around is around 850B.

#6 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 266
 Send steviej a private message   Where has steviej been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.