I will be heading to KL early next week to get my visa for Burma. I've got 2.5 days there - one day to get paperwork sorted/printed and to get USD, one day to drop off application, and one day to pick it up (although I am hopeful that I may be able to pick it up same day).
I understand that I will need some or all of the following:
- A passport with six months of validity
- A photocopy of your passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- A completed visa application form
- A completed employment history (?)
- A printed itinerary (?)
- 110 MYR
QUESTIONS - preferably to be answered by someone who has gone through the process fairly recently...
1. Is there a website to download the application form? (Haven't found one yet...)
2. Employment history - really? Is this just info that I fill in on the application form, or do I need to type/print something up ahead of time? (I understand the need to avoid saying I'm a journalist, etc).
3. Do I need proof of an exit ticket when applying for the visa? ( I'm not sure if I want to exit from Rangoon or Mandalay yet...)
4. Is the printed itinerary really required? Is this just an exit ticket - or do they need a breakdown of where I think I will go? I have also read that this may only be for urgent applications to prove that you have an impending flight... not sure?!
5. Is the current fee still 110MYR? Will they take USD? (I understand they no longer have the dual fee structure for express/normal processing)
6. I will need to get a wheelbarrow full of USD cash somewhere in KL - presumably I will use my credit card to withdraw the cash as I suspect there will be a limit as to how much I can get on my ATM card and won't have time to make multiple withdrawals. Any suggestions on best banks? (somewhere close to KL Sentral or the Burma embassy, or near a train line).
Yes, I did. But it's important to note that you no longer need to go to the Myanmar Embassy (as of 14 Octobe 2013 - 2 days ago!!). I will post new details in a separate thread shortly.