Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

One week to spend in Burma at the end of March. Suggestions?

Posted by jbreyfogle on 24/1/2014 at 11:55

Hey I'm visiting the girl I'm dating at the end of March. She is in Malaysia currently but we want to spend her week off in March in Burma.

I'm obviously going to do more research, but I just wanted to get suggestions on where to go for the week. I imagine we would only stay in one or two places during that week.

Definitely looking for places with lots of nature to explore, beaches (not necessary though, would go some where mainland), lots of culture to explore.

We are in early 20s btw.

If you could suggest a few places that would be wonderful [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] Many thanks.

#1 jbreyfogle has been a member since 23/1/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by htun1997 on 29/1/2014 at 12:00

@jbreyfogle

According your idea you would like the main culture that Bagan is main place to see . So if you fly or take bus there you need to explore 2 days more and then Inle lake is better Nature Beauty.

so see about my suggestion with in your date.

1.. Yangon Arrival

2. Yangon-Bagan by flight

3..Bagan

4.Bagan

5.Bagan-Heho-Inle by flight

6.Inle Explore by Boat

7. Inle-Heho-Yangon by flight

If you have time over week you should stay overnight in Yangon before you depart. Here please note if you have only week the last day you fly from Inle-Heho-Yangon and then take connect flight to depart. If you do like it might be risk and you have to make sure for domestic flight at noon and connection flight might be evening.

Have a nice trip

#2 htun1997 has been a member since 15/11/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by dannyjacob on 10/2/2014 at 09:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

I think you can spend your time in Yangon, its vicinity and Inle lake areas to discover as much nature as you desire, before you lay back in a beach which I recommend Ngapali Beach.

Hope this helps you some.
Danny

#3 dannyjacob has been a member since 10/2/2014. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.