Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Burama (Myanmar) Visa on arrival

Posted by Wetton on 24/5/2014 at 17:58

We are planning a trip to Myanmar (Burma) from New Zealand in August this year, has anyone done the visa on arrival, we aren't keen on sending our Passports to their Embassy in Australia, any ideas would be much appreciated.

#1 Wetton has been a member since 24/5/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 25/5/2014 at 00:11

I looked into that late last year, and my understanding is that it's not available for tourists, only business visas. Are you flying into Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok? If so, you can get the visa there. In KL, you can do it one day (drop your passport off in the morning, and pick it up in the afternoon). I *think* the same applied in Bangkok, but you'd have to check. I did a detailed post on the KL process - check through the posts in the Malaysia section around late October/early November 2013.

If you do have to send off to Australia, make sure you allow plenty of time. I seem to recall reading from posts saying that they had to wait for 3-6 weeks maybe, and it was very difficult to contact the embassy there directly to follow up.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Indo_travel on 25/5/2014 at 13:32

We went there in Feb 2014 - Mandalay

We had visas but those who hadn't just went to the office got the visa and as there were only a few people they got through immigration very quickly.

Here are some videos you might like of Myanmar http://www.movingpostcards.tv/myanmar

#3 Indo_travel has been a member since 25/5/2014. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.