Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

6 days in Yangon? Oct 25 - Oct 30

Posted by artyguy on 21/9/2014 at 12:44

So I realized that having one day in Yangon and then off to the rest of Burma might not be wise, considering 21 hours flying to Burma. Rest and catching up on sleep is important. So the only flight I could get gave me 6 days before my three week tour begins, where committed to flights and hotels.

What to do for those 6 days? Go to the Delta? Take sometime for catching up on lost sleep on the beach? And go to which beach? Budget wise could fly to save time. October weather? Still Monsoon? Travel to Mawlamyine? Or stay put and explore Yangon? Would appreciate some common sense direction if possible. Thanks

#1 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by caseyprich on 21/9/2014 at 13:43

I loved Mawlamyine. I would highly recommend taking a couple nights in that direction. You can break up the trip with a stop at Gold Rock (Kyaiktiyo Pagoda) if you like. Still, Yangon is a nice place to spend a couple days, I just wouldn't miss Mawlamyine.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by artyguy on 21/9/2014 at 14:17

Can you explain how to get from Mawlamyine from Yangon? Private car? Only have three full days for this excursion out of the city.

#3 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Posted by caseyprich on 21/9/2014 at 16:49

I'd just take the bus, that's a 6 hour drive. There is also a train ride that I hear very good things about, I think that is more like 8 hours. May be better off just taking the trip overnight to Gold Rock if you don't want to spend 2 of those three days on the road.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.