Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Itinerary options in Yangon

Posted by artyguy on 14/10/2014 at 11:19

Have five days in Yangon which everyone saids is too many days. So I can either cut back on the days and fly up to Bagan earlier. Rather then have 4 nights in Bagan I can five days.

Or:

Any thoughts on this itinerary, get a driver to take me to these locations:
First day: Yangon to Hpa-an
Second day: Hpa-an to on the river Mawlamyine
Thrid day: Mawlamyine to Yangon

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

#1 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Posted by MADMAC on 14/10/2014 at 23:36

Why don't you wait until you get to Rangoon and see how you like it before deciding if you want to move around? Everyone is different and you might really like it and not want to go anywhere and enjoy all five days on the spot.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by artyguy on 15/10/2014 at 00:16

Excellent advice! It's been tough, because almost 100% everyone has been saying three days in Yangon is enough! I might add Golden Rock for a one nighted though.

#3 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Posted by MADMAC on 15/10/2014 at 00:23

Yeah, I've heard this about all kinds of places. The place where I live, Mukdahan, people, I've heard people say just blow through it. Nothing worth doing there. I've been living here for 7 years and love the place. Khon Kaen is another one. I could easily spend a month or two there and enjoy it. If you are going somewhere to "see attractions" then yes, you move around a lot because you move on when you've seen all the "attractions". But if you going just to experience a new environment, you can get a lot out of staying someplace for a while. So just see if it appeals to you or not. You can always pack up and move out if you don't like someplace. Bus station is never that far away. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.