Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Burma eVisa UK residence?

Posted by Rubakai on 6/1/2015 at 06:37

Hi all,

I have recently acquired my Burma/Myanmar eVisa with no problem (as a UK citizen). However my girlfriend is Dutch but lives here in the UK. I don't know if anyone has filled in the eVsia form but they have a weird selection for UK, When filling in the country of her permanent residence they only have the following UK options:

United Kingdom Citizen
United Kingdom National (overseas)
United Kingdom Dependant Territories Citizen
United Kingdom Overseas Citizen
United Kingdom Protected Person
United Kingdom Subject

Now as far as I am are she is none of these. She has been living and working here for a couple of years as your bog standard Euro citizen. I have tried ringing the embassy with no joy as its in Myanmar. I will keep trying but I was wondering whether other people had had this issue?

Thanks for any feedback

#1 Rubakai has been a member since 2/10/2014. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by FlashbackAU on 28/5/2016 at 04:49

Did you ever get a reply on this one? I have the same problem, an Aussie living in the UK and not sure what to choose....

#2 FlashbackAU has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 2

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by FlashbackAU on 30/5/2016 at 01:16

Update: I looked through GOV.UK which had descriptions of all the above UK options and none of them fit, which was what I originally had thought. I ended up just using my current address but set the country to Australia and it all went through OK and was approved.

#3 FlashbackAU has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.