Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

December 2015

Posted by GildGomes on 23/12/2015 at 23:02

Anyone been in Myanmar this month ? Wondering if the situation of traveling /booking hotels on the go seems viable for a solo traveler. Also, internet and SIM cards.

Thanks in advance

Gild

#1 GildGomes has been a member since 12/10/2014. Posts: 4

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by MarilynR on 21/3/2016 at 03:01

I just came from Myanmar and I booked everything a couple of days before via the internet. Most populair places were full when we arrived so booking ahead is advisable.

About internet, there was wifi in every guesthouse we stayed at, and although it was slow it worked 99% of the time and so I never got around to being a simcard. If you just need to email and make the odd Skype call there really isn't any need to buy a simcard.

#2 MarilynR has been a member since 21/3/2016. Posts: 6
 Send MarilynR a private message   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by GildGomes on 21/3/2016 at 09:19

Thanks @MarilynR , I spent 25 days there in january and did the same as you, booked online a couple of days before. What an incredible country !

#3 GildGomes has been a member since 12/10/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by chrisphh on 21/3/2016 at 21:33

Hi,
Rains least (if at all, in some places) and is not so hot. Book accommodation and transport well ahead for this busy travel season.

#4 chrisphh has been a member since 21/3/2016. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.