Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

New Burma visa costs for 2016

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/1/2016 at 14:58 admin

Burma’s Ministry of Immigration and Population has announced new fee rates for visas applied for at Myanmar embassies. All the following costs are in US$.

Tourist visa, valid for 28 days, will now cost $20;
Business visa $36 (70 days)
Transit visa $18 (24 hours)
Religious visa $36 (28 days)
Journalist visa $36 (28 days)
Student visa $36 (70 days).

The changes will take effect on January 11th 2016.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by kandpfishos on 15/1/2016 at 20:53

G'day
I am disappointed. Travelling to Burma September 2016 on an Aussie passport and was planning to get the 28 day tourist visa with an extension of another 28 days. The AU Myanmar Embassy informed me that they have been advised this month that no visa extensions will be possible. Is this correct? Is it just in AU before I leave that I cannot get the extension? What about in Burma itself? Recent experience? Ideas? Tips? I don't want to cut the planned trip back really. Thanks.

#2 kandpfishos has been a member since 10/1/2011. Posts: 18
 Send kandpfishos a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by ColonelM on 26/1/2016 at 08:36

Thanks for the information on the 2016 costs for visas for Burma. I'll be a solo traveler in Thailand in late March, early April and am planning to get a tourist visa from the Burmese Embassy in Bangkok. I'll have to do it this way because I don't know when I'll be back from visiting Chiang Mai and Vientiane. I understand that it will cost a little more to get the visa if I ask for one-day processing. Any idea if it is still possible to get a visa in one day and how much that might cost. I read somewhere that this is possible. But it might be dated information.

#3 ColonelM has been a member since 15/9/2015. Location: United States. Posts: 6

Posted by sn0wman on 12/5/2016 at 22:21

Over here it state usd20 for the visa but base on the myanmar website it state as 35sgd for most nationality but singaporean only can apply via the website and the funny things is that it cost 50usd?

singaporean also cant do visa upon arrival so i dont understand why we have to pay double for it?

#4 sn0wman has been a member since 8/3/2012. Posts: 11

Posted by sn0wman on 12/5/2016 at 22:26

Anyway this is the website link for everyone on the visa fee

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/visafees.aspx

#5 sn0wman has been a member since 8/3/2012. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.