Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Sailing from Phuket to archipelago

Posted by annaedsevla on 4/2/2016 at 01:05

hi! I was hoping to join a sailing trip/tour from the Thai islands around the archipelago. Intrepid travel has a tour but it's about $1700 for 9 days. Does anyone know of any shorter/cheaper options?

#1 annaedsevla has been a member since 28/12/2015. Posts: 3

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/2/2016 at 02:24 admin

As far as I know they are mostly relatively expensive dive-liveaboards that head up that way, from Phuket and also from Khao Lak - no other options readily spring to mind sorry!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by lanathai on 8/2/2016 at 02:46 TF writer

Yes there are several liveaboard trips departing from Phuket or Khao Lak, otherwise you can charter your own boat, but neither of these options are cheap! You might want to try visiting or contacting the Phuket Yacht Club (formerly Ao Chalong Yacht Club), which has an active sailing community and folks who would know of the best/cheapest options, and possible crewing opportunities. Here's their website: http://phuketyachtclub.com/

The Southeast Asia Pilot guide I've heard is a useful resource if you're planning to sail out to Mergui and beyond. http://www.southeastasiapilot.com/

#3 lanathai has been a member since 21/7/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 36
 Send lanathai a private message   Where has lanathai been?   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.