Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Halp me!

Posted by Andreazevedo on 9/2/2016 at 21:20

I am planning to travel to Myanmar in late April. I saw that some sites say that the rains begin in May and the other in April. you think I may have problems with the rains? other think, how do I do to move me around the country? from Yangon to mandaley I come and go by plane. but I did not see plane to Bagan. Anyone know how long it takes the bus to bagan to mandaley? it is difficult to make this trip, and spend long time ? Any website to make this book by bus or informacion ! thank you so much

#1 Andreazevedo has been a member since 9/2/2016. Posts: 1

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by antoniamitchell on 10/2/2016 at 11:42

Hi,

If you look on the Burma section of this website (https://www.travelfish.org/country/burma_myanmar), you'll find information on transport from town to town. Basically, there are planes to Bagan, but it's not the best way to get there (very expensive, the planes are often not direct, and it's not very far so isn't worth flying anyway).

You can easily get there from Mandalay by coach / bus (the length of the trip varies depending on the route, but I think when I did it, it was about 6 hours). I don't know if you can buy tickets online (this is Burma, after all) but they're pretty easy to buy when you're there - just pop by a bus station, speak to any travel agency, or buy them from your hotel.

There's also a boat from Mandalay to Bagan, but it may not be running at that time of year (as you're visiting before the rainy season, so the river water level will be quite low).

The rains start in the south and work their way north, but in late April they won't have started yet. You might still get a little rain (this is the tropics) but it won't be rainy season yet. Again, if you follow the link above, you can find weather information on Burma.

Have a great trip!

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 556
 Send antoniamitchell a private message   Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.