Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Flying to Bangkok

Posted by geo_shack on 15/2/2016 at 04:28

Hi,
I'm planing on entering Burma overland to Dawei, finishing a 3-weekish trip at Inle Lake. Is it possible to get a direct flight from either Heho airport or Bagan to Thailand? Or is this only possible from Yangon/Mandalay?

Kind regards,

Georgia

#1 geo_shack has been a member since 10/1/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Send geo_shack a private message 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by MelbourneMuzza on 19/3/2016 at 11:45

You are going to love the border crossing from Kanchanaburi to Dawei, the best of any border crossing, anywhere.

Ive done it if you want a few finer points

As for flights, Use the Helo to Tachiliek which will then take you into Chang Rai. and onto Lao if you are going that way. Bloody expensive though, you must pay by cash, watch the conversion rate (USD to Kyat) and count your change. Red Hot!! Maybe bus it back to Yangon and you will have more destinations to choose from

#2 MelbourneMuzza has been a member since 19/3/2016. Posts: 8

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by LongestBusRide on 25/5/2016 at 13:52

Hi,
I know you're not requesting info on the Dawei overland border crossing, but in case you want to see the steps, I've written it up in a blog post. Lots of photos, too.
Hopefully MelbourneMuzza will let me know if they had a different experience. You can pay or hitchhike. I paid the $20 USD for ease and convenience and comfort.

http://www.longestbusride.com/thailand-myanmar-border-crossing-bangkok-dawei-htee-kee/

Jess

#3 LongestBusRide has been a member since 25/5/2016. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.