Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Burma

Posted by Fonnzie on 7/6/2016 at 04:18

Hi
I am looking at going into Burma in Dec/Jan 2016/17 is this a good time, weather, tourist overflow, low season/high season.
At this stage I am looking to fly into Yangon and spend my time mooching around there, would be interested in good places to stay, not budget and not high end, where to eat, where to drink etc, hiring a guide/driver without supporting the Cronies.
Any and all advice, recommendations will be greatly accepted.

Cheers

Brian

#1 Fonnzie has been a member since 15/7/2015. Posts: 6
 Send Fonnzie a private message 

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by ImageOfMyanmar on 2/8/2016 at 07:15

Hi Fonnzie,

Thanks you very much for interesting to visit our country. Dec/Jan is the peak season, that means a lot of tourists wherever you go. But it's a good time as the weather is middle of winter season in Myanmar.

For your accommodation, I suggest you to stay in East Hotel, Best Western Chinatown Hotel, Clover City Hotel are located in center of Yangon, not high end and not budget, will be cost around USD 80-90 per night. There are plenty of restaurants to eat and to drink around these hotels. The best night life for me is the Chinatown night market, plenty of beer shops, barbecue and chinese foods. For traditional burmese foods, I recommend Aung ThuKha Restaurant, that is little bit far from downtown but close to the Shwe Dagon Pagoda Northern Stairways.

Wish you to have a good vacation in Myanmar.Anything else, feel free to contact me via email. htt.paing@gmail.com

#2 ImageOfMyanmar has been a member since 2/8/2016. Posts: 6

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Fonnzie on 3/8/2016 at 00:52

Thank you for your reply, I may well come back to you for more information

Regards

Brian

#3 Fonnzie has been a member since 15/7/2015. Posts: 6
 Send Fonnzie a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.