Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Traveling South to North in Burma, exiting into India

Posted by muzzaf on 17/6/2016 at 10:42

Simple?
Firstly, info Kawthoung to Dawei by bus is needed by me

Can anyone help me with details of getting into India and Bangladesh from Burmas' north.

Very happy not to go into the worlds happiest country (Bhutan) as the $250 per day to be spent there is not getting my smiles.

Im interested in Cox's Bazaar, Chittagong but not so much Dhaka.

onward to Calcutta, New Delhi Wahga into Lahore

Going in October

Thanks, Murray

#1 muzzaf has been a member since 22/3/2007. Posts: 12

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/6/2016 at 19:31 admin

Hi Murray,

For southern Burma stuff, best to see the Burma section of the site. Kaw-Dawei bus info here for eg.

There is apparently a land border crossing now west of Kalewa but I have no real details on it other than it required a bit of paperwork sorted out in Yangon beforehand - you can find a little bit more and some links to a related conversation on Thorntree here.

Can't help on the rest sorry.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by muzzaf on 19/6/2016 at 08:08

Sontam2000, You are a miracle worker, mostly everything I wanted to know. I could not find those links. Huge thanks.......now only need to do it!

#3 muzzaf has been a member since 22/3/2007. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.