Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Corrections to Travelfish

Posted by Herbie47 on 11/1/2017 at 09:59

How do you contact TravelFish about possible corrections?

And why do I keep getting this when I try to post:
Needs more work? Put down the bordeaux and lets try again

#1 Herbie47 has been a member since 23/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/1/2017 at 16:49 admin

Hi,

You can post them here and then depending on the suggestion we put it through or have a writer verify it. Like with the Myawaddy hotels thing you and another posted on a while ago, we had a writer contact the hotels, confirmed it, and removed them. Other, more opinion based stuff, we tend not to put through. It varies.

The bordeaux thing is between two posting boxes on the preview screen - it refers to a need to to edit your post.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,754
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Herbie47 on 12/1/2017 at 08:20

Thanks I have already posted on here about it some time ago but got zero response. If you did that why did you not respond to the post? It was me who reported it. They were there a week or so ago.

Why do I need to edit my post?

Seems to come up if you only write a short post. Why can't you write just a few words?

#3 Herbie47 has been a member since 23/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/1/2017 at 09:37 admin

You may not need to edit your post, but others like to be able to - that is why we have it. It comes up for all posts, regardless of length.

You can just write a few words.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,754
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Herbie47 on 12/1/2017 at 09:48

Well it comes up sometimes if a few words, then I add more words it's ok.

Weird, never come across this before on other forums.

#5 Herbie47 has been a member since 23/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2017 at 13:34

I just tested this with a very short message. Seems like operator error rather than a website bug. Ta.

#6 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,704
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Herbie47 on 13/1/2017 at 14:22

How can it be user error if I'm not editing anything I have already typed?

#7 Herbie47 has been a member since 23/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2017 at 14:44

Right now I am typing in the "Add a reply" box. Once I am done, I will click on the "Preview your reply" button below. At this point, a new screen appears with two places where your message displays.

The lower display box is below the "Needs more work? Put down the bordeaux and lets try again" message you mentioned. You can edit your post in that box if you need to and hit the "Preview your reply" button below again.

The upper display box is above the Bordeaux message, with a "Post your reply" button immediately below it. That box contains a display of what your message will look like when posted. It would be easy to miss this upper display box if there are only a few words in the post. That is what I think is happening.

I've posted nearly 2,700 times on this website over the years, and am reasonably confident the system works - at least it has for me all this time. Have a look as described here and see if that solves the issue. Regards.

#8 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,704
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by antoniamitchell on 13/1/2017 at 20:08

What Exacto said: the bordeaux message is an option (is there a problem with your preview above? If so click here to edit) not an error message. It comes up every single time anyone posts, and you just ignore it if you don't want to edit.

#9 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 524
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Herbie47 on 14/1/2017 at 05:09

Thanks for explaining the quirks of the forum posting. Well I think it is confusing message, it implies there is something wrong and needs editing before you can post. Also the first response implied that also "it refers to a need to to edit your post."

The reason why I'm seeing the message, is on short posts, that's the only one I see on my screen.

Why not just say do you wish to edit?

Most forums you post and then can edit if you wish.

#10 Herbie47 has been a member since 23/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by Captain_Bob on 16/1/2017 at 08:39

"Most forums you post and then can edit if you wish"
Can edit your post here as well, but only for a limited time.

#11 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,928

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.