Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Focus South of Myanmar - focus Dawei or Myeik?

Posted by REGGI100 on 10/7/2017 at 06:44

Dear Myanmar Lovers! 3 years ago I was the first time in Myanmar and the forthcoming October I will go there again for 22 days. I love this Country!! As I really liked the Hsipaw trekking, I will do trekking in Hsipaw again for 3 days at the beginning. Then I will focus only on the South of Myanmar which means 1 day Bago, one night Golden Rock, 3 days Hpa An and surroundings, 3 days Mawlamyine, 4 nights Dawei and surroundings (and then only 2 days left in Myeik ..)....My question is now: As I do not want to stress myself...is it worth going only for 2 nights to Myeik??? I would have taken the flight from Myeik back to Yangon (for the trip home to Europe)....or is it advisable to be about 6 days in the region of Dawei instead and maybe change twice the guesthouse? Which beach is the cleanest and nicest one around Dawei?
I appreciate your recommendations!

Regina

#1 REGGI100 has been a member since 18/2/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.