Text page


Burma forum

Visa Run at Mae Sot/Myawaddy

Posted by gatoguts on 9/5/2019 at 00:54

Is it possible to do a visa run from Mae Sot in Thailand to Myawaddy in Burma for 100 baht, 500 baht, like you can in Mae Sai/Tachileik? If anyone has done this, what is the cost, how long can you stay in Burma, and where can you go? Since it's a visa run, I also assume you can keep your passport.

#1 gatoguts has been a member since 23/7/2012. Posts: 29

Posted by davelliot on 17/5/2019 at 05:26

Yes . Costs $US 10 for day pass , if you pay in baht you will pay 500 baht which is a penalty rate as they really want dollars. Thais get a one week pass but foreigners can only stay the day unless they have visa. If you have a Burmese visa then you can do onward travel in Burma.

#2 davelliot has been a member since 6/9/2017. Posts: 58

Posted by gatoguts on 17/5/2019 at 06:12

Thanks for the information. One week for $10 would be perfect for me, but unfortunately I'm not a Thai citizen,

#3 gatoguts has been a member since 23/7/2012. Posts: 29

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.