Text page

Burma

Burma forum

The Travelfish long read for December 2020 is out: Mandalay, Burma

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/12/2020 at 05:20 admin

Early each morning Yin Yin Lwin walks the short distance from her Mandalay home to the moat surrounding the walls of the city’s Royal Palace, the grand structure that was built in the middle of the 19th century, and which remains the dominant edifice in Myanmar’s second biggest city.
After arriving at the palace’s eastern wall, Lwin usually walks north, in the direction of Mandalay Hill, then onwards to the northwest corner of the palace, before returning home. This morning ritual usually takes her about an hour.

Our latest long read, looking at the influence of China on Mandalay, Burma is now online. You can read it here.
Cheers!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by erikdavids on 21/5/2021 at 21:23

Hej, mit navn er Erik og jeg er 23 år gammel. 
Jeg kommer fra Danmark. 
Jeg leder efter et kloster, hvor jeg kan blive under min helbredelsesproces. 
Jeg har haft ekstrem smerte i mange år, og jeg fandt min helbredende meditation og yoga. 
Kort beskrevet, har min krop haft smerter, fordi jeg i mit sind har haft mit liv i en konstant tilstand af frygt, og min krop har reageret ved en frysetilstand. 
For at komme igennem dette er jeg nødt til at blive stærkere, leve på den rigtige måde og blive forudset. 
Derfor leder jeg nu efter et kloster i Asien eller Europa for at blive i ca. 7-8 måneder.  
Gør det mod koronavirussen, det har været meget vanskeligt at finde klostre. 
Derfor er jeg meget åben for enhver mulighed. 
Jeg vil naturligvis blive ledig før rejsen.
Jeg håber du kan hjælpe mig, 
venlig hilsen 

#2 erikdavids has been a member since 22/5/2021. Posts: 6

Posted by erikdavids on 21/5/2021 at 21:25

Hi, My name is Erik and i am 23 years old. 
I come from Denmark. 
I am looking for a monastery where i can stay under my healing process. 
I have been in a extreme pain for many years, and i found my healing throug meditation and yoga. 
Described in short terms, has my body been in pain because i in my mind my hole life has been in a constantly state of fear, and my body has reacted by a freeze condition. 
To come through this, i have to get stronger, live the right way and be diciplined. 
That is why i am now looking for a monestary in Asia or europe to stay for about 7-8 months.  
Doe to the corona virus it has been very difficult to find any monestary's. 
There fore i am very open to any opourtunity. 
I will off course be Vacinated befoer travel.
I hope you can help me, 
best regards 

#3 erikdavids has been a member since 22/5/2021. Posts: 6

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.