Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Leonard Cohen in November

Posted by theshortestfuse on 23/6/2010 at 17:54

Hello,
Did you all hear that Leonard Cohen will be playing at the Olympic Stadium in PP this November? I am already going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks beginning on July 2, but now feel I need to return in November to catch this once-in-a-lifetime concert! :D

#1 theshortestfuse has been a member since 1/5/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by theshortestfuse on 23/6/2010 at 18:00

Here's the media release:

http://www.globalgiving.org/pfil/2520/Leonard_Cohen__Live_in_Phnom_Penh__International_Media_Release__June_17_2010.pdf

#2 theshortestfuse has been a member since 1/5/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by CunningMcFar on 23/6/2010 at 23:10

that is very interesting news indeed
we saw him here at home in Oakland last year, was an absolutely stellar show, the musicians were outstanding and of course his stage presence is legendary.

he's a devout Buddhist, and while in residency at a monastery in Southern California for several years, his business manager absconded with over 5 million $$, leaving him nearly destitute. I guess he was pretty much forced to go back on the road for financial reasons, but what a stroke of luck for his fans worldwide.

#3 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by mrdome on 23/8/2010 at 18:59

They are being a bit coy about showing the ticket prices on the AEG live website and it is no surprise why when you see that tickets range from US$300 to $600!

To compare, he just played here in my hometown last week and it cost 70 Euros.

#4 mrdome has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 43
 Send mrdome a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 23/8/2010 at 21:11

These prices have been discussed on other boards and most people are baffled why the price seems so high.Does LC know the typical Cambodian salary? I expect the only people able to afford these prices will be the nouveau riche and NGOs.I can't see many travellers going at that price.

#5 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 23/8/2010 at 21:11

These prices have been discussed on other boards and most people are baffled why the price seems so high.Does LC know the typical Cambodian salary? I expect the only people able to afford these prices will be the nouveau riche and NGOs.I can't see many travellers going at that price.

#6 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.