Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Travelling from Phnom Penh to Kep

Posted by torilou on 23/6/2010 at 20:25

Hi all

Just looking into the journey from PP to Kep (which I realise is via Kampot). Has anyone done this journey? If so, who did you use and what was it like? Ive, worryingly, just read the roads are bad, as are the buses, so am worried about who/what to use when booking!

#1 torilou has been a member since 6/6/2010. Posts: 25

Posted by busylizzy on 24/6/2010 at 03:20

I did the trip earlier this year, and it's fine. I think it was a 5-6 hour trip by memory (maybe 4-5?). We organised a bus from a local tour agent down by the river in PP. The bus wasn't the flashest, but it was fine. The roads were also fine. We had a stop somewhere along the way where you could buy snacks, use a toilet, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just organise a bus ticket for one of the major bus companies. Cost may have been $5-7.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by yogakhaolak on 4/7/2010 at 10:02

There are buses quite frequently to Kampot. Best way is to go to the bus station. All buses leave from here so you can have a look at each companies schedule.....Roads are perfectly fine, as are buses.

#3 yogakhaolak has been a member since 1/4/2010. Posts: 45

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.