Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Banlung

Posted by Gegp2000 on 27/7/2010 at 23:13

Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to this website, but already totally in love with it. We're leaving on Sunday for Bangkok then Cambodia, and I have a few questions about how to travel insinde the country:
From Siem Reap to Banlung. Should we take a bus to Kamnpong Cham, change there, and spend a night in Kratie before heading north?
Is it worth to go both to Banlung and Sen Monorom? I would like to trek with the elephants, as well as to trek in the forest of Virachay.
How interesting is the Chong Kneas village?

#1 Gegp2000 has been a member since 27/7/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by Nisseyaklom on 3/8/2010 at 08:50

No need to go back to Kg Cham anymore, go direct to T'bang Menchey and from there to Stung Treng, brand new road all way.

With my own car the trip Banlung to Siem Reap took under 7 hrs last week

#2 Nisseyaklom has been a member since 2/12/2007. Posts: 40

Posted by Gegp2000 on 4/8/2010 at 23:21

Hi Nisseyaklom,
Thanks for your answer! Are there any bus on this road? We are not planning to rent a car !

#3 Gegp2000 has been a member since 27/7/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by Yajul on 22/2/2012 at 22:56

Hi Nisseyaklom,

I'm planning on driving (own car) from Banlung to Siem Reap. Could you plesae tell me which way is the best to take (via which towns)?
Thanks a lot,

#4 Yajul has been a member since 22/2/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.