Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Visa extension in Battambang

Posted by mattocmd on 29/9/2010 at 13:34

Is it possible? The thought of wasting a weekend driving to Phnom Penh or even doing a visa run.....
not appealing..

I should have done it in Sihanoukville...

Anyone know of any agents in the area?

#1 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365
 Send mattocmd a private message 

Posted by eastwest on 29/9/2010 at 14:00

I don't know how well known you are in the area or if you have a local friend who can assist but you could try the police station.
Most police stations in bigger towns have an immigration officer and the are usually helpful when it comes to visa. Passport still has to go to Phnom Penh but they will send it for you and charge you $5-10 on top of normal rate for visa. If you consider the alternatives it's a bargain.

Best to check with a local about trustworthiness of officer involved. My experience is positive (in another cambodian town) but it most likely differs from place to place

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 29/9/2010 at 14:27

Go ask the Ausie in the BusStop bar he's been living in BB for years and will be able to help you.Why don't you fancy a visa run? The border is only one and a half hours away.

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.