Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Overland

Posted by boyohboy100 on 17/11/2010 at 23:06

Hi,

I want to catch the 20:40 flight from Bangkok to chaing mai.

Wil I be able to make this If I leave SR on 14/12?

What are the journey times, I am thinking a bus/taxi to airport and then train from Aranyaprathet, to Bangkok Airport.

Does anyone have the fares/times for this journey?

Thanks

#1 boyohboy100 has been a member since 17/11/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by mikethediver on 18/11/2010 at 05:22

Hi,
I found your post a bit confusing. If you are asking whether you can leave SR by bus/train and get a flight from BKK at 20:40 the same day, then based on my experience - no.

We did the trip by bus (which would be faster than the train I think) and the earliest bus from SR is 8:00 am, you have 2 stops before the border, one totally ridiculous at the 'new tourist border complex'; an hour stop just 10 minutes from the border!!!

You then have border formalities to complete (which was fairly quick, but there can always be delays at any border), before a minibus (which doesn't stop except for fuel) takes you to Khoa San Road. From KSR you need a taxi or bus to the airport.

We arrived at KSR at 18:00, but it could have been 20:00!!!!
Other people may have other routes or experiences, but I wouldn't chance trying to catch a flight the same day.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.