Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Posted by gill1 on 30/1/2011 at 22:48

Trying to find information on buying two secondhand bikes in Phonm Penh but my searches are drawing a blank. We just want two cheap but reliable bikes to travel around Cambodia and cross over to Vietnam. Or would it be better to buy in Vietnam and cross to Cambodia...really confused as some say to start in Vietnam and other say that they cant get over the border.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

#1 gill1 has been a member since 9/4/2010. Posts: 13

Posted by Giddy007 on 31/1/2011 at 00:21

I know someone who sells bikes in Phnom Penh... his name is Nick. Not sure about his prices or anything, but I can vouch for him being a decent guy because he was my flatmate.

His number is on here, too... 012 817 554

#2 Giddy007 has been a member since 31/1/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by eastwest on 31/1/2011 at 16:49

If you want to take the bikes across the border I'd do it Vietnam - Cambodia. Vietnamese customs is less likely to allow them in. Off course all things can be solved with some money in this region. Cambodian officials are a little easier to bribe.

Don't know how long you intend to bike around in Cambodia but if it's for two weeks or so consider renting bikes locally and travel by bus between the main places. For Vietnam it's more worthwile to buy one.

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 7/2/2011 at 12:42 TF writer

You can also pay to put your motorbike on the bus in Cambodia, so long as there's space. It's not expensive and means you can arrive and ride straight away!

#4 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Posted by mankuta on 18/2/2011 at 11:47

Selling my Vietnamese plated Honda WIN..
I'm in Kampong Cham just north of Phnom Pen.
cambodian: 069 673120

#5 mankuta has been a member since 18/2/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.