Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Best place to stay in Sihanoukville?

Posted by skottypa on 4/2/2011 at 06:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am planning on biking down to Sihanoukville. Can anyone tell me a nice cheap place to stay near the sea? I also hope they have a place for me to store my bike too. Thank you. This site is so helpfull, I love it!

#1 skottypa has been a member since 20/1/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by eastwest on 4/2/2011 at 19:39

What exactly are you looking for?

There are a few places on Ocheuteal beach where they offer free accommodation. You can imagine what the rooms look like but it's cheap (well and right on the beach.
For the rest anything from dirt cheap to posh. Best to just head down to Ocheuteal and look/ask around there.

Can't help you further without more detailed info about your budget/interests.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by giblet on 7/2/2011 at 08:53

Agreed. Can give more suggestions if you tell us a little more of what you are after and your budget.

#3 giblet has been a member since 29/11/2010. Posts: 39

Posted by Positivetravel on 9/3/2011 at 00:47

Let us know you budget etc and then will gladly help you out. Although like eastwest said there are some places offering free accommodation along Ocheuteal beach that do offer cheap bungalow style places. Also if you have a tent, many places let you pictch your tent on their land for. We paid about US $1 to do that and just use their bathroom.

#4 Positivetravel has been a member since 8/3/2011. Posts: 17
 Send Positivetravel a private message 

Posted by Franconian on 28/3/2011 at 15:22

Hi there,

I would like to go to Sihanoukville too. I have not been there before. Which beach / area would you recommend? I need motorcycle parking.

Can I find a decent room for $5?

#5 Franconian has been a member since 11/12/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by sayadian on 28/3/2011 at 15:58

If any of you are going to S'ville soon be aware that prices of rooms will double over Khmer New Year which is 14th-16th April this year and the place will be totally packed with holidaying Khmer trashing the beach by throwing all their garbage on the sand.
Believe me it is not a good time to go there. Unless you like crowds of drunks.

#6 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by eastwest on 28/3/2011 at 21:41

"Unless you like crowds of drunks". Seems more like business as usual in SHV. Only the skincolor of the drunks is different and the lightskinned ones are outnumbered.

But I get the point. I also advice to avoid to visit SHV around that time. Plenty of motobike accidents and pretty ugly ones as well. Wouldn't want to work in the SHV hospital during Khmer new Year

#7 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by kaede on 29/3/2011 at 00:57

Go to the Aquarium! Get the sweet room with the deck up up up above everything. Double doors that open up to a (semi-private) deck overlooking the ocean.

I think it was around $7-11 (included breakfast).

Free wifi.

Besides breakfast, dont eat to hang out here. Go to Khin's Shack down the beach.

And say hi to Lida & Charon for me. :)

#8 kaede has been a member since 19/9/2009. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.