Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

is it safe to take SORYA 168 bus from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap?

Posted by MSboodlefight on 10/5/2011 at 13:30

Hi,

My friends and I will be visiting Siem Reap on May 15, 2011. We will be taking a SORYA 168 bus from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap. Is it safe and comfortable bus to take in such long hours?

Waiting for your suggestion

Thanks

#1 MSboodlefight has been a member since 10/5/2011. Location: Philippines. Posts: 6
 Send MSboodlefight a private message 

Posted by ecbaker on 11/5/2011 at 01:35

I took Sorya from HCMC to Kampot (with a stop over in Phnom Pehn). The bus for us was great! it was 1/2 empty so we had lots of space, it was air con etc. but one thing you will come to find in SE Asia is that one persons experience is never the same as another. If that bus was super full, that wouldn't have been as comfortable...or if the AC stopped working that would have been horrible. You can never predict these things!! I can tell you the trip for us was perfectly fine. They helped us cross the boarder super fast. We didn't stop a million times like other buses sometimes do....over all I think you will be fine!

#2 ecbaker has been a member since 17/3/2011. Posts: 18
 Send ecbaker a private message 

Posted by MSboodlefight on 11/5/2011 at 10:08

Ecbacker,

Thanks for the information that helps a lot. :-)

#3 MSboodlefight has been a member since 10/5/2011. Location: Philippines. Posts: 6
 Send MSboodlefight a private message 

Posted by Archmichael on 15/6/2011 at 07:53

Hi MSboodlefight:

We rode Sorya all over Cambodia last January and February, and found them to be as safe as bus riding in Cambodia can be. Always an interesting experience. In a good way.

Happy travels!

#4 Archmichael has been a member since 23/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 396
 Send Archmichael a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.