Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flights Phnom Penh - Siem Reap

Posted by RandaN on 24/1/2007 at 09:50

I'm wondering if online prices for flights from PP - SR (eg US$77 oneway inc taxes with Siem Reap Airways) are more expensive than buying plane tickets once we are in Cambodia.

#1 RandaN has been a member since 22/1/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/1/2007 at 06:36 admin

That sounds slightly more expensive -- but only by a few dollars... I assume you're looking at the Siem Reap Airways website.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by TonyL on 25/1/2007 at 08:40

I think that you should consider getting a Mekong Express Limo Bus from PP to SR. You can purchase a ticket for $9US one way, the bus is very comfortable, it takes about 5 hours with a stop en route and they have an office on Sissowath Quay near the boat terminal in PP.

If you take a plane you have a journey out to the airport, say 30 mins. a couple of hours for check-in etc. the flight time of, at a guess, 1 hour, a wait for your luggage plus another 20 mins from the airport into SR town. Always assuming that the flight is on time.

My advise would be to save the money and frustration and get the Mekong Bus.

#3 TonyL has been a member since 19/12/2006. Posts: 46

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.