Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

kinda vauge itinerary; flying out of BKK

Posted by silverteeth on 22/7/2011 at 09:23

Hello everyone!

This'll be my first time in Cambodia, second time in SE Asia. I have a little itinerary I'm hoping to get some suggestions on. It's shorter than I'd like it to be; I did something stupid and divided my month off from work between Cambodia and Indonesia. So, I have a morning flight to catch out of Bangkok on the 10th.

July 28 - 30 :Phnom Penh (I wanted to stay longer, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that some old friends are interning in PP and are planning a trip to SR that following weekend)

July 31 - 6: Siem Reap. I really, really like ruins.

July 7 - 9 Battambang

I've heard that crossing from Battambang is a little less painful than SR, and I figure it would be a nice change of pace. I'd like to see some Cambodian countryside. Or maybe it's better just to stay in Siem Reap?

Another thought I had was going back to PP and flying into Bangkok. If the flight is $70 or so, does it really cost much more than getting into BKK by land?

Thanks in advance!

#1 silverteeth has been a member since 11/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by mikethediver on 23/7/2011 at 10:10

I've crossed the border near SR (Poipet) and it was easy; no problems at all.
However, travelling from SR to Bangkok takes around 10 hours regardless of what the ticket sellers say! The cost, as I remember was around the 15 $ mark. Flying is much more expensive and as well as the ticket costs, there is (at least last year) a whopping US$30 departure tax
You'll need a night in BKK traveling overland, which you might not need if flying, so time vs money!

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.