Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Getting yellow fever shots in Siem Reap?

Posted by Fixman on 20/8/2011 at 22:17

I am from Argentina, and so to enter Thailand I need a yellow fever vaccination certificate. However, while I was there until a few days ago, I lost my certificate, and now I need to go back to that country.

I'm currently in Siem Reap, is there any safe place where I can get yellow fever vaccines in here? I return to Thailand in one and a half day, so I'm pretty desperate.

#1 Fixman has been a member since 29/5/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by SBE on 20/8/2011 at 22:48

The corrupt border guards at Poipet may just charge you a hefty bribe and let you in rather than telling you you can't enter Thailand but I don't really know...seems a bit risky.

There's an international hospital in Siem Reap which is probably your best bet to get re-vaccinated. I don't know if they do yellow fever vaccination though.... or how safe it is to have multiple yellow fever vaccinations!

Link below has the hospital details

http://www.canbypublications.com/siemreap/sremergency.htm

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by Fixman on 21/8/2011 at 16:39

Thank you, but since I'm returning to Thailand by air I guess my only option is getting the vaccine again on the international hospital.

By the way, does anyone know if I need to get it, even if the only country outside of Thailand I went is Cambodia?

#3 Fixman has been a member since 29/5/2011. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.