Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Pehn or Siem Reap to Koh Chang??

Posted by crispydog on 3/9/2011 at 15:46

Ok, so i was in Siem Reap and enquired with my hotel about the cost of a bus to Koh Chang. I got quoted $11.
I thought this would give me a ballpark figure of what to expect to pay from Phnom Pehn which i had to return to to collect my passport from the Thai embassy. On the map, SR and PP seem similar distances from Koh Chang.
Back in Phnom Pehn i cannot find a bus cheaper than $21 anywhere!

Can someone please tell me why this journey is so much more expensive to make from PP???
It actually works out cheaper to pay $4.50 for a bus from PP to SR then pay the $11 from SR to Koh Chang the same night!

#1 crispydog has been a member since 2/9/2011. Posts: 1
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by eastwest on 3/9/2011 at 16:30

That is indeed strange and I won't ask if you're sure about that. Was a ferry ticket included in either? I must say I find the $11 suspiciously cheap - considering the distance - and the $21 slightly on the high side.

Anyway, you can just buy a bus ticket to Koh Kong or Trat (if that is cheap) and take it from there. Should also save you a considerable amount of money.

Hope it helps

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.