Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia itinerary..

Posted by potta_boro on 4/10/2011 at 17:36

Hello, ive just got to the Philippines and plan to stay here 2 weeks then move on to Cambodia.

I started my trip early august and have been to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. I wasn't planning on going to Cambodia so have no idea what so ever on an itinerary, obviously I want to see Angkor wat but other that that I need help? I will only have roughly 2 weeks so not long at all and still on a budget, all help welcome. Cheers

#1 potta_boro has been a member since 3/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 56
 Send potta_boro a private message   Twitter 

Posted by eastwest on 4/10/2011 at 18:34

Hi potta,

It's a bit difficult to give recommendations when we don't know your interests.

What did you like best on your trip so far and are you looking for more of it? If you answer that question people can help a lot better

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by potta_boro on 4/10/2011 at 19:44

Yeah sorry about that, well basically I don't think I have the time or money to 'get off the beaten track' so I would like to see the main touristy sights and attractions if that's the right way of putting it..

I've enjoyed doing different activities elephant trek etc tasting food, and basically seeing the country and things I'm not used too

#3 potta_boro has been a member since 3/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 56
 Send potta_boro a private message   Twitter 

Posted by eastwest on 4/10/2011 at 20:13

Ok. Perhaps check out the 2-week sample itinerary on this site. I find it a bit much for two weeks but that will give you a good idea.

Assuming that you fly in the question is where and how you leave? If you fly out (of PP) it's pretty simple:
-1 week north with a few days in both Siem Reap and Battambang
-1 week south with a few days in both Kampot/Kep and Sihanoukville
You'll visit Phnom Penh several times so divide your time in PP over those multiple visits

If you leave overland north to Laos you could consider leaving out the southern week (or keep it brief) and then go via Kampong Cham, Kratie and Stung Treng towards Laos.

If you leave for Thailand the order depends on where in Thailand you want to enter. If you want to enter Thailand via Ko Chang and coastline you should visit northern Cambodia first and leave Cambodia through Sihanoukville and Koh Kong. Do northern Cambodia last if you want to visit Northeastern Thailand and leave Cambodia from either Battambang or Siem Reap.

Happy travels

#4 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.