Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Share taxi from Siem Reap to Poipet on 8th Oct

Posted by kmc on 6/10/2011 at 17:37

My wife and I are planning to leave Siem Reap on the 8th, heading to Poipet in order to catch the 13:55 train from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok. We will almost certainly be doing the Siem Reap -> Poipet leg by taxi, so just wondering whether anyone else might be interested in jumping in with us. I guess we'll have room for at least 1 person, potentially two (both of us have rucksacks).

#1 kmc has been a member since 27/5/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by lloydjoslin on 6/10/2011 at 17:43

Hey sorry a bit irrelivant if I was going the other way I would of accepted but I was thinking of leaving bangkok to head to Cambodia is there a problem with flooding there? Trying to plan my route...

#2 lloydjoslin has been a member since 20/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Send lloydjoslin a private message   Twitter 

Posted by kmc on 6/10/2011 at 20:29

Phnom Penh is fine - the water from the Tonle Sap has leaked over the banks by a few metres in some places but hasn't affected much.

Battambang is also pretty unaffected.

Siem Reap was pretty well flooded yesterday - the river was pouring into the streets - but it has subsided a bit today and I haven't seen any parts of the river overflowing this evening in the centre.

If you're travelling through surrounding areas, however, or on the Tonle Sap, you'll see a *lot* of flooded parts.

#3 kmc has been a member since 27/5/2011. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.