Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

koh rong samloem or koh rong?

Posted by adampatto on 14/11/2011 at 07:22

Hi Guys,

Were looking at spending a few nights on one of the islands as was wondering if anyone had any advice on which of the islands to pick and if so which resort?

Also whats the best way to get there from Phnom Penh? Do we stop at SihanoukVille or just go straight through?

Cheers

#1 adampatto has been a member since 13/11/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by KevandJho on 15/11/2011 at 21:21

Scroll down to the next page or two as there are 3 or 4 articles written regarding one or more of those two places.

Most likely you will have to stop in Sihanoukville for an overnight, unless you get there really early as thats the most common time that the boats go over to them.

We will check one or both of them out as well, hopefully for some major rest and relaxation.

#2 KevandJho has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 65

Posted by Juha_H on 18/12/2013 at 10:26

Hi there,

We are next week going to Koh Rong with my girlfriend and it seems to be easy to take boat to the Koh Rong Samloen.
Any tips is it possible to rent good quality fins and mask for snorkeling and mountain bikes in Koh Rong? Should we book the scuba diving before hand?

#3 Juha_H has been a member since 13/12/2013. Posts: 21
 Website 

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 30/12/2013 at 03:16 TF writer

Not sure about the quality, but you can defnitely rent fins and masks on Koh Rong. As it's high season, I would book the diving before you go - check out the shops in Sihanoukville or on the internet to see which suits you.

Paradise Bungalows have mountain bikes for rent, but you'll need to be used to biking and pretty fit. See the article on motorbiking for some pictures of the terrain ( https://www.travelfish.org/blogs/cambodia/2013/03/21/motorbiking-on-koh-rong/). If you come off, there's no people around to help, so be sensible and take a decent first aid kit.

#4 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by Juha_H on 30/12/2013 at 19:37

Hi,

We are staying at the bungalows in Sok San Base camp. Is there some kind of boat transfer from there to Koh Rong town? It seems that all dive centers are operating in Koh Rong town. And do you know is it possible to find internet connection in Koh Rong town?

I have been driving motocross back in the days.

#5 Juha_H has been a member since 13/12/2013. Posts: 21
 Website 

Posted by mixxat on 1/1/2014 at 10:02

Hi, i think somebody can take you to The town with "pikkuraha" just ask on reception. Also you get internet yhteys in koh rong kylä. Have a nice motorossi experiences in island

#6 mixxat has been a member since 29/4/2012. Location: Other. Posts: 42

Posted by anawong on 15/2/2014 at 06:57

I am looking for a quiet beach at Koh Rong .
Has any one be at Lonely beach ?

#7 anawong has been a member since 16/1/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by mrdome on 16/2/2014 at 10:09

If you go to Koh Rong, make sure you practice sand fly prevention. Those suckers know no mercy.

#8 mrdome has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 43

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.