Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

bus from HCMC to either 1.sihanokuville 2.phu quoc 3. Pnom Penh

Posted by andun on 3/12/2011 at 03:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi does anyone have advice on how long bus journey takes from HCMC to either:
1.sihanokuville
2.phu quoc
3. Pnom Penh
and can anyone recommend reputable bus company to book with?
any advice on the best border crossing from HCMC in southern vietnam into southern Camboida along these us routes?
many thanks

#1 andun has been a member since 21/11/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 4/12/2011 at 00:06

Depending on where you want to go,and how much time you have,I would suggest the best route is a)Saigon to Phu Quoc,take a Mai Linh bus to Rach Gia (about 6-7 hours) then the ferry to Phu Quoc.b)After visiting PQ,take the ferry to Ha Tien,and then the Virak Buntham bus direct to Sihanoukville (about 4-5 hours).c)After there,there are many direct buses from S-ville to PP. If you follow this route,there's no backtracking,and all the individual journeys are easy

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 113
 Website 

Posted by asia4life on 8/12/2011 at 02:27

I have travelled with Capitol Tour between HCMC and PP. Since most of the passangers using this company are Cambodians, you are able to get through the international passport very fast. We paid 5$ extra, but then the buss guide did all the paperwork and got us through quickly in a special lane. (We arrived after a Mai Linh bus, but went through the passport control 20 minutes ahead of them)

I recall this trip as one the most easiest and convients border crossings made the lates years

#3 asia4life has been a member since 30/11/2011. Location: Sweden. Posts: 19
 Where has asia4life been?   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.