Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flights from Hong Kong to Cambodia

Posted by bruceygreenbeans on 27/2/2007 at 08:08

Hi, I plan to meet up with some friends in Cambodia in March and I want the cheapest way to get there, I have some friends in HK and seeing as a single with Oasis budget airline from London is only £180ish I was hoping to fly there and then try and get to Cambodia from HK. I'm happy to fly through whatever country I just want to save money. Anyone know of any cheap airlines that fly from HK to Cambodia or even Bangkok and then I can get to Cambodia from there.

#1 bruceygreenbeans has been a member since 27/2/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/2/2007 at 09:51 admin

Orient Thai fly HK to Bangkok, from where you could then get an AirAsia cheapie to Hanoi, but unless you got one of the super cheap Oasis fares, I think you may find it cheaper to fly straight to Bangkok once taxes, surcharges are taken into account.

I'm not sure on Low Cost Carriers flying Hanoi into Vietnam direct - Dragonair doesn't and I think they're the main HK cheapie.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by bruceygreenbeans on 1/3/2007 at 19:20

Hi thanks for that, somehow you read my mind and I do in fact need to get to Hanoi to meet some friends.
I'd still like to go Via HK because I've managed to get a quote from STA with Oasis one way LGW TO HKG for £130 which includes taxes and £15 booking fee. I missed the february deadline for the half price return but its only £116 to come back when I want in June anyway.

So the next problem is getting to Hanoi from HK, I've found on expedia £150 return HKG TO BKK, and then Airasia is only £40 one way BKK TO HAN so I think thats what I'll do.
I've read about the overland journey from HK to Hanoi but it seems a little to much effort when I want to get there fairly quickly and without bothering about Chinese visa etc.
I looked at Orient Thai but it does look like you can book online and they don't appear to fly that often?
If anyone has any further info pls let me know.

#3 bruceygreenbeans has been a member since 27/2/2007. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.