Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

HELP!! Visa!!

Posted by kchhabra on 25/1/2012 at 03:13

Hello,

I am currently working in Battambang until the middle of July. When I arrived in January I applied for the business VISA and paid the $25 fee, but after checking it again there is a T in front of my VISA number which means it's a tourist VISA.

I need to extend my VISA for 6 months, but with the tourist one I can only extend for 1 month.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any advice or recommendations!?

Can I extend for 1 month, then leave the country and come back after the second month and apply for the Business VISA again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#1 kchhabra has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by eastwest on 25/1/2012 at 03:45

I'm not sure if the T means tourist visa.

You could either extend the tourist visa or you could go to the border, leave and ask for tourist visa on return. Pretty simple.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by kchhabra on 25/1/2012 at 19:36

T means tourist.

Is there a minimum time I have to be gone for?

Can I extend the tourist for 1 more month, then leave, and get the regular?

#3 kchhabra has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by eastwest on 25/1/2012 at 20:00

No minimum time. Just cross the border (to Thailand I assume which is easiest anyway) go through immigration there, get your stamp, return immediately and apply for business visa.
I have done it myself.

If you're on your first tourist visa you can extend without any problem. Even a 2nd extension should be possible but I'm less sure of that. After extension leaving and changing to business visa is also no problem. Done so myself as well. Added bonus is that it's automatically a multi-entry business visa

#4 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by kchhabra on 25/1/2012 at 20:07

Great, thank you so much!

#5 kchhabra has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by kchhabra on 25/1/2012 at 22:26

Also, do you know where in Battambang I can get this done?

#6 kchhabra has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by eastwest on 25/1/2012 at 22:52

No idea but I remember there was a topic on the matter here about a year ago or so about where to do it in B'bang. Use the search function and you should find it.

#7 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.