I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a potential vietnam/Cambodia trip i was planning on taking. I am an english teacher in South korea and will be departing from there. I have about a week for travel and would like to cover as much of those two countries as i possibly can in that time frame. I know i'm pushing it, but it's my only chance! If anyone can give me some pointers and suggestions on must-sees ( or if you're really kind, an actual travel plan) i would deeply appreciate it!
Thanks a bunch!!!
#1Globetrotter23 has been a member since 3/4/2006. Posts: 5
Vietnam and Cambodia in a week -- that's gotta be a record!
I'd say you have two options -- do a lot of flights, or see just a small portion of Vietnam, so here's just two options ( there's loads of other possibilitites) to try:
1)Arrive Hanoi, overnight trip to Halong Bay
2) Fly to Da Nang and get a taxi down to Hoi An - hang out there for a day or two
3) Back to Da Nang and fly to Saigon overnight there
4) Fly to Siem Reap (for Angkor Wat) spend the remainder of your time there.
1) Arrive Saigon, overnight and sightsee
2) Bus to Can Tho -- see floating markets the following morning.
3) Bus to Chau Doc on Cambodian border, next mornign take the boat upriver to Phnom Penh
4) Phnom Penh, hang out and sight see
5) Tke the bus or boat to Siem Reap (for Angkor Wat) spend the remainder of your time there.
#2somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062
I was wondering, should i book the flights once im there if i decide to fly between the two countries or should i try and find some sort of packaged deal? Also, is bus-ing it less expensive but more time consuming? Thanks again!!!!
#3Globetrotter23 has been a member since 3/4/2006. Posts: 5