Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Siem Rep (how to)

Posted by time2fly on 20/2/2012 at 03:26

This is not as much as a how to...

I am curious if there is a strict schedule for departures via bus or other transportation.
I am arriving in PP sometime around 530pm and want to go straight to Siem Rep. Should I wait until the next morning are am I able to get there right away? I have a short stay in Cambodia and want to see both. I want to spend most of the time in Sieam Rep.

So basically I am curious about modes of transportation from PP to Siem Rep around 530pm

Thanks

#1 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112
 Send time2fly a private message 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 21/2/2012 at 04:14

Most of the bus companies I've seen run their last bus from PP to SR at about 1.30pm or so.
You can get a minivan or a crap bus or a VIP bus just about on the hour from around 7.30 am to around 1 in the afternoon. They keep to a schedule, sort of.

If you want to see both PP and SR, you wouldn't see too much of the former if you arrived at 5.30pm and left the same day anyway.

#2 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Send CrankyCarrot a private message   Website 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 21/2/2012 at 04:17

Also, tickets cost about $6-$10 and the ride is 5-6 hours.

I'm on the way myself, but have ditched my minivan because being hunched up in a ball with no leg room and massively hungover at the same time are a bad mix. Now to see if I can find a hot shower somewhere in this Kampong Thom place...

#3 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Send CrankyCarrot a private message   Website 

Posted by time2fly on 27/2/2012 at 10:22

ah crap...so sorry!! I don't know why I didn't see this.....

Thanks for the help.

I am flying into and out of Siem Rep which is why I wanted to head over to PP right away. I figured that I would come back to PP and tour it before I fly out. I just wanted to make sure I was back in time to catch the flight. I don't do hang overs and Vehicles very well, so good to know!!!

#4 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112
 Send time2fly a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.