Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Reciving Mail in Phnom Phen

Posted by kamamo on 18/3/2007 at 12:34

Hello,

I am currently in Pakse in Laos and am making my way down into cambodia and will end in Phnom Penh. I am running out of my malaria medication and I am going to have my mom send me some medication from home, but don't know where to send it. I was thinking that I would just pick a guest house and have her send it to them and make a reservation to stay there. my problem is that i am not sure how reliable the post is and was just wondering if anyone else has ever had post sent to phnom penh.
Also my book said that there might be some address that you can send it to at the post office and then they will hold it there for you until you come to pick it up?? Any info would be helpful!

thanks,
katherine

#1 kamamo has been a member since 18/3/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:40 admin

Hi Katherine,

Post in unreliable at best. You can buy generic malarials and (I think) brand name ones, in Phnom Penh, so you prob don't need to get them sent out from home. If you do want to try, then get it sent to c/- your name, Poste Restante Phnom Penh -- though I've never heard of anyone actually using it.

Hope that helps, and Welcome to Travelfish!

PS - how's Pakse?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.