Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Post?

Posted by raav on 8/3/2012 at 03:31

Ok I have a slight problem im going to be in Cambodia in a weeks time and I've lost my credit card. So I've ordered a new one but I need to get it sent to somewhere in Cambodia that I can pick it up.

Does anybody know whats the best way to do it. I dont know where im going to be really but if I could get it sent somewhere I could organise to be there. I was wondering if its possible to have it sent to a post office for example and be able to pick it up from there. Can anybody help me?

#1 raav has been a member since 1/3/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 8/3/2012 at 08:11

That sounds difficult if you're dependent on the credit card.
Postal services in Cambodia are very unreliable. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks for something to arrive and sometimes 2 months. I live here and do have experience. If you do want to give it a try, the post offices do offer post restante service. So you could send it to yourself and pick it up.

I wouldn't risk anything with a credit card over the post in Cambodia. Not in the least because often the mail gets opened and you can imagine what might happen with a credit card.

Best to think of a solution working around it.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.